Friday, February 29, 2008

Surgery....

I recently had a surgery which disabled me from walking about and doing much. I took the week off school to recover which is really good that I did or else I would be angry like a troll >.<.

During this time I wasn’t able to pray properly as I usually do. Since in Islam when we pray there is a part where we go on our knees and place our heads on the ground in meditation. It symbolizes how small humans are compared to the sight of God and our submission to his divinity. But because of the surgery I couldn’t do this, I had to use a chair to sit on to replicate the motion. This disabled me from putting my head down on the ground.

I decided this Friday when I go to the congregation I will make an effort to put my head down on the ground. It was hard but I was able to do it. When I placed my head down a sense of relief came over me. As if a burden was lifted.

In Islam we practice the idea of patience. Patience is important to everything. Without it people go mad. With it people are calm. The idea of patience is very in depth, perhaps in my future blog entry I will post something on that.

For that to happen I wait patiently for my body to heal until I am able to do some Kendo.

No comments: